Outside-in skin nutrition
Outside-in skin nutrition though application of topical vitamins
Topical vitamins are the most effective way to complement those vitamins we get through nutrition and oral supplements. It is well known that vitamins play a very important role for a healthy body and this is reflected on our skin as well. The vitamins we get from fruits and vegetables nourish from within yet only a very small amount actually reaches the skin.
When we apply vitamins topically, directly onto the skin, we can nourish the skin from the outside-in more intensely and the benefits are faster and longer lasting. By refilling our body's vitamin reservoirs via the epidermis, we actually help to better protect from extrinsic aging process. The cutaneous damage as a result of external factors is delayed because we are fortifying our body's outermost and first defense against free radicals caused by external factors like pollution and UV radiation.
5 best vitamins for a beautiful skin
- Vitamin A is recognized as one of the strongest and most important antioxidants, which protect our bodies from harmful oxidizing effects of free radicals. It is important for an effective skin cell differentiation process and renewal, in keeping the skin soft and smooth, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and preserves skin's firmness and elasticity. Moreover, it is able to repair accumulated damage following exposure to the sun and balances problem prone skin.
- Vitamin B complex is vital for maintaining normal function of the skin and slowing the aging process. They counteract damage caused by free radicals, help maintain a softer, smoother skin with less dryness and flakiness of the epidermis.
- Vitamin C as a powerful antioxidant it holds an important role in the skin's protection from sun damage as well as free radicals damage. In addition, it serves as a catalyst for the production of collagen and disrupts the melanin synthesis process creating a healthy looking and luminous tone.
- Vitamin E known to be an extremely effective lipid-soluble antioxidant that neutralizes the oxidant effect of free radicals, generated by sun exposure and environmental pollutants, one of the leading causes of premature skin aging. It also improves skin hydration, minimizes trans-epidermal water loss as it strengthens the skin's natural barrier function, softens texture, minimizes the depth and length of fine lines.
- Vitamin F is a complex of essential fatty acids that help strengthen skin cell walls, nourish and have anti-inflammatory properties. In addition they are essential for the maintenance of the skin barrier function increasing skin's resistance to external stress, soothe rough texture, bestow suppleness and a youthful appearance to the skin.
HL's multi vitamin skin care line is based on plant extracts that return the natural glow and vitamins to your skin.